In order to enjoy your latex garment for as many years as possible, you should pay attention to the following things. In order to optimally care for your latex, it is also important to clean it thoroughly after wearing it.
- Never expose your garment to direct sunlight – not even to dry it.
- Transparent and coloured latex can discolour forever if it comes into contact with metal containing copper, dyed hair, nicotine or make-up.
- Before you get dressed, you should have liberally spread talcum powder or silicone oil on the inside of your garment.
- If you have long nails or wear jewellery, be extra careful when getting dressed so that you don’t tear the material.
- Take extra care with your latex garment with laser cut appliqués.
- After wearing your garment, wash it according to the washing instructions.
- When it is dry, oil or powder it and hang it on a wooden hanger.
- First clean the latex thoroughly with mild soap, shampoo or special latex detergent in lukewarm water to remove oils and other dirt.
- Next, rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water to remove any soap residue.
- Then add some silicone oil to clear water and pull the latex thoroughly through the water until it is lightly oiled on the inside and outside.
- Then hang to dry or carefully pat dry.
- Never wash your latex in the washing machine!